Add Thousands more $’s to your bottom line.
Take back control from the PPO’s!
We have helped scores of clients gain $10,000+ per month in collections through the right PPO plays. Find out the right PPO play for you!
Call for your 20 minute consultation. No pressure, no bull, just a chance to find out more.
CALL US TODAY: (952) 921-3360
The right “Plays” with PPO’s can have a substantial impact on you bottom line. No one has deeper experiences in dealing with the PPO issues than Bill Rossi and his team at Advanced Practice Management.
If you are considering joining a PPO, leaving a PPO, or are beginning the process of negotiating with PPO’s, call us. No contracts, no hype, just straight-forward advice.
PPO Strategies: Doctors, It’s Time to Push Back on PPO’s
By: Bill Rossi
DENTAL PRACTICE TRANSITIONS:
Four Ways to Add to Your Practice’s Value
By Bill Rossi
When and How to drop a PPO by Bill Rossi & Steve Pauley “Excellence in Dentistry”
The Navigating Dental Insurance Podcast:
Episode 24: Identifying how and when to drop a PPO with Bill Rossi
10 Things You Need to Know About You and PPOs
By Bill Rossi
1. You have more power than you think.
2. Practices with little or no PPO participation generally do get fewer new patients. However, practices deep into PPO participation do not get proportionally more new patients as they take on more and more programs and more discounts.
3. Each practice has to find the “right balance” of PPO participation. When Dentists have complete control over their fees, most of them try to balance the fees so they aren’t too low or too high. In effect, moderating your PPO participation is like setting your fees.
4. Chances are that you are already seeing some patients out-of-network. For every PPO plan, there are providers both in and out of the network in your area. No insurance network, not even Delta, has 100% of providers in a given area.
5. Employers provide Dental insurance to make their employees happy. Of course, they want to save money, but their employees aren’t happy if they can’t see the provider they want to see.
Therefore, most insurance companies do not have “punitive” out-of-network benefits. In fact, for some, the out-of-network benefits are surprisingly good.
6. If you drop a PPO and your staff is properly trained, you will retain the majority of the PPO patients – unless the patients have no out-of-network benefits or very little out-of-network benefits.
7. Whenever dealing with insurance either as in-network or out-of-network providers, it’s important to accentuate the positive,
“The good news is that with your Delta policy, you can go to the Dentist of your choice…”
“We have many patients on this plan and in general things work out quite well.”
8. Some PPO fees can be negotiated. If you haven’t tried, there is a good chance you’ve left money on the table. It costs little to do this and the extra dollars are “free money.”
9. You can’t just leave PPOs without having a strategy. In other words, you must take measures to fortify the practice and build it up in the face of the inevitable patient attrition.
10. If you are collecting less than 80% of your Gross Production, you need to take a serious look at reducing PPO participation. Too often Dentists sign up for a plan too quickly and drop too rashly. There are thousands of dollars and many patients at stake. Make your decisions logically.
PPO’s & Practice Transitions
Many factors to consider when purchasing a practice. PPO participation is now one of them. (Read article)
I depend on and trust his expertise.”
them and received a significant increase in reimbursement allowances.”
Call Bill Rossi at 952-921-3360 today to schedule your free, no obligation 20-minute consultation to find out more!